We are committed to protecting your privacy and using any personal information you provide responsibly. We believe it is important for you to understand what information we collect from you, how it is used and who will have access to that information. This policy will be updated regularly, so please check this page regularly for updates.
If you do not agree with this policy, you have the option to not use our products or services or any aspect of our business.
Who we are
We are Draw This! and our website address is: https://www.drawthis.com.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
The information Draw This! receives depends on what you do when you visit our site. We only collect personally identifiable information if you voluntarily submit it to us. You can refuse to supply such information, but doing so might prevent you from engaging in certain website-related activities.
We do not and will not sell your personal information to third parties.
Draw This! uses your data in order to:
- Provide you with the products and services you have requested or purchased from us;
- Respond to your questions and provide you support;
- Personalize and customize our content for you;
- Make improvements to our website;
- Contact you with updates to our services;
- Resolve problems and disputes; and
- Contact you with marketing and advertising regarding our content and content creators.
Non-personal identifiable information
We may collect non-personal identifiable information about users whenever they interact with drawthis.com. The non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the device being used to access our site, and technical information such as the operating system or other similar information when a user visits our site.
We use this information to serve you better. The extent of information we collect depends on the type and settings of the device you use to access our website.
If you choose to create an account with drawthis.com you will be required to provide your name and email address. We collect your name and email in order to authenticate you as the account owner if needed. We also need your email to send you emails from this website, including:
- Notifications of account changes
- Password reset requests
- Order confirmations
- Subscription/membership notifications
- Updates regarding changes to content services and offerings
We also collect and store additional non-personal information regarding your interaction with our video library and with our Learning Paths. We store information regarding your video watch history, information to track your progress in any Learning Paths you have started, and information required to save any playlists you create. We use this information to provide you with a better experience.
Draw This! may also store your IP Address in our database in order to ensure that accounts are not being abused, and to otherwise ensure that our services are used in the manner intended.
We collect information about you during the checkout process on our online store.
While you visit our site, we’ll track:
- Products you’ve viewed: we’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed
- Location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping
- Shipping address: we’ll ask you to enter this so we can, for instance, estimate shipping before you place an order, and send you the order!
When you purchase from us, we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and optional account information like username and password. We’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to:
- Send you information about your account and order
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Set up your account for our store
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
- Improve our store offerings
- Send you updates regarding changes to content services and offerings
If you create an account, we will store your name, address, email and phone number, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
We will also store comments or reviews, if you choose to leave them.
Who on our team has access
Members of our team have access to the information you provide us. For example, both Administrators and Shop Managers can access:
- Order information like what was purchased, when it was purchased and where it should be sent, and
- Customer information like your name, email address, and billing and shipping information.
- Our team members have access to this information to help fulfill orders, process refunds and support you.
Draw This! uses PayPal to process orders you make on our website. When processing payments, some of your data will be passed to these payment processors, including information required to process or support the payment, such as the purchase total and billing information.
If you choose to purchase a recurring subscription to this website’s services, we will save in our database a unique identifier which the payment processors use to authorize this website to securely charge your payment method.
Draw This! does NOT store your credit card information in our database. Your information is encrypted and maintained by our payment processors.
You can read more about what information our payment processors collect and how they secure your information in their respective privacy policies:
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you choose to correspond with Draw This! via email or one of our contact forms, we may retain the content of your email messages together with your email address and our responses. We provide the same protection for these electronic communications that we employ in the maintenance of information received by mail and telephone.
Your web browser places cookies on your hard drive for record-keeping purposes and sometimes to track information about your activities or preferences.
- Identifying the areas of our website that you have visited;
- Personalizing content that you see on our website;
- Our website analytics;
- Remarketing our products or services to you;
- Remembering your preferences, settings, and login details;
- Targeted marketing and advertising regarding our content and content creators;
- Allowing you to post comments; and
- Allowing you to share content with social networks.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you do not wish to accept cookies in connection with drawthis.com, you will need to delete and block or disable cookies via your browser settings. Please note that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of certain drawthis.com services or notifications.
Embedded content from other websites
Pages on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
This website uses Google Analytics to gain insights about how users interact with our website.
For more information about what information Google Analytics saves and for how long, click here.
If you do not want your interactions to be tracked, simply click here to opt-out of Google Analytics.
Draw This! uses PayPal to process your orders. Information shared with a payment provider to process payments includes:
- Unique payment identifier
- Payment provider identifier
How payment providers use data
To better understand how a provider uses and stores the data shared with them, check their privacy policies directly:
Email service provider
As part of the services offered by Draw This, we use your name and email to inform you when Live Streams start, when your free reference images are available, when new content or features have been added, special offers, and other important site updates regarding our content or content creators.
You can choose to not receive these emails or update your contact preferences at any time by following the links in the footer of any MailChimp email you receive from us, or by contacting us at email@example.com. We will treat your information with respect.
Please note, if you choose to unsubscribe from these emails, you are opting out of certain services provided by this website.
Please note, transactional emails sent from drawthis.com regarding changes to your account or regarding any orders you place on this website, which do not come from MailChimp, are integral to the proper operation of this website and cannot be unsubscribed from.
By creating an account on this website or entering your email in one of our email list signup forms you agree that we may process your information in accordance with these terms.
Additional circumstances for information disclosure
Draw This! may disclose your personal information in the following circumstances:
- To our Draw This! team to provide services to you;
- To protect this website and our rights; to protect ourselves against liability or prevent fraudulent activity; or where it is necessary to permit us to pursue available remedies or limit any damages that we may sustain;
- If required to comply with a subpoena or warrant issued or an order made by a court, person or body with jurisdiction to compel the production of information, or to comply with the rules or court relating to the production of records; and
- If we believe in good faith that a law, regulation, rule or guideline requires it.
How long we retain your data
We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it.
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
California Privacy Rights
California residents have the right to request the following information from businesses with whom they have an established business relationship:
- a list of the categories of personal information that a business has disclosed to third parties during the immediately preceding calendar year for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes if any, and
- the names and addresses of all such third parties if any. Draw This! and/or your consultant will collect your address and zip code to facilitate shipping any products you choose to order. Collection of such information is necessary to complete your order.
If you are a Draw This! client and a California resident, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request this information. Please note that we are only required to respond to each client once per calendar year.
GDPR Policy Rights
If you are located in certain countries, including those that fall under the scope of the European General Data Protection Regulation (AKA the “GDPR”), data protection laws give you rights with respect to your personal data, subject to any exemptions provided by the law, including the rights to:
- Request access to your personal data;
- Request correction or deletion of your personal data;
- Object to our use and processing of your personal data;
- Request that we limit our use and processing of your personal data; and
- Request portability of your personal data.
You can usually access, correct, or delete your personal data using your account settings and tools that we offer, but if you aren’t able to do that, or you would like to contact us about one of the other rights, please contact us at email@example.com. EU individuals also have the right to make a complaint to a government supervisory authority.
Where we send your data
Draw This! uses data hosting service providers in the United States to host collected information, and we use technical measures to secure all data. Despite the thorough security measures and safeguards that Draw This! implements to protect data, no security system is impenetrable and due to the inherent nature of the Internet, Draw This! cannot guarantee that data, during transmission through the Internet or while stored on our systems or otherwise in our care, is absolutely safe from intrusion by others. Draw This! has policies in place in case of such situation and will respond to requests about this within a reasonable timeframe.
How we protect your data
To prevent unauthorized use, maintain data accuracy and ensure the appropriate use of information, Draw This! has put in place appropriate physical, electronic and administrative procedures to safeguard and secure information collected online.
What data breach procedures we have in place
In the unlikely event of a data breach, upon becoming aware of the breach, Draw This! will determine the scope and nature of the breach and notify any users affected, as well as any organizations that require notification of such a breach. Draw This! will work with our web hosting service provider, our technical experts, and any other relevant professionals to make all reasonable efforts to halt and mitigate any data breach.